Preparing for the Photo Shoot
- Mow and rake yard.
- Contain pets in the garage or out of sight.
- Remove all vehicles from driveways and do not park directly in front of the house.
- Move garbage cans out of sight.
- Remove all garden tools including hoses and sprinklers.
- Sweep driveways, sidewalks and patios.
- Straighten deck furniture and open umbrellas.
- Clean grill and remove cover.
- Clean pool area.
- For extra appeal, fill planters with flowers and spread fresh mulch.
- Remove piles of newspaper and magazines.
- Make sure all light bulbs work and that grouped lights are the same color/type.
- Turn on all interior lights including lamps
- Turn ceiling fans off.
- De-clutter rooms which may be excessively furnished.
- Remove personal photos.
- Turn off televisions and computers.
- Vacuum carpets and sweep hard floors.
- Remove pet toys, dishes, beds, cages etc.
- Wash windows, glass doors, etc.
- Open all shades and blinds.
- Hide trash cans.
- Place trash cans out of view in a closet or cupboard.
- Remove magnets, photos, notes and papers from the refrigerator.
- De-clutter stove and counter tops.
- Stow small appliances.
- Hide soaps and other cleaning items.
- Hide dish towels.
- Clear sink of dishes.
- Put away draining racks.
- Organize open shelves.
- For extra appeal, place a fruit bowl on the counter, and display fresh pastries or fruit.
- Straighten dining chairs.
- Add centerpiece, candles
- For extra appeal, set the table.
Living and Family Room
- Hide all remotes.
- Conceal exposed cables as well as you can.
- Make beds.
- Arrange decorative pillows
- Put away clothing, shoes, charging cords, catch alls etc.
- Clean under bed.
- Clear surfaces of clutter.
- Make the bathroom sparkle.
- Hang fresh towels.
- Clear counters of toiletries.
- Clean mirrors.
- Close toilet lid.
- Remove shampoo and other products from shower/tub.
- Remove floor scales, trash cans, and laundry hamper.
- Remove pool hose.
- Turn on water features.
- Remove all children’s toys, floats, etc.
- Pets should be taken on a walk are well hidden for the photo shoot.
- Pets in the backyard will generally be seen from the inside.
- Pet toys, beds, and bowls should be hidden
- Hiding from the camera is impossible; please keep the number of people present during the shoot to a minimum.
- Contractors should be scheduled on other days.
- Remaining people should retire to a bedroom while the home is being photographed.
Ready to Get Started?
Get in touch today to learn more about our real estate photography services.